Reprint Permission Policy
Unless otherwise indicated below, all information contained on this website or in the magazines, books and other resources published by Focus on the Family (Focus), including text, graphics, logos and images are copyrighted by and proprietary to Focus and may not be reproduced in whole or in part by persons, organizations, or corporations other than Focus without prior written permission of the Focus Legal Department.
Please note that granting permission, or a license, is at the sole discretion of Focus on the Family. You must wait to receive written permission from Focus prior to using or publishing the material. Focus will often grant permission or a license, but sometimes it may be unable to grant the request because of contractual restrictions or business considerations.
How to Request Permission
Please provide the following information and email it to Permissions@fotf.org:
- Your first and last name
- Email address
- Organization name and address (if applicable)
- The Focus on the Family material you would like to reprint
- Author’s name
- Where you saw the material (e.g., magazine name and issue, website, book title)
- How you would like to use the material
- Anticipated date of use
- Any additional information that would help us evaluate your request
How long will it take to process my request?
Please allow up to 3 weeks from receipt of all required information for a response. Many requests require extensive research to determine if Focus has the rights necessary to grant permission.
All commercial requests that are granted will be assessed a licensing fee.
You may print one copy of any article appearing on our site for your own personal use, which includes giving the article to a friend or family member. You may not, however, make more than one copy for distribution without seeking our permission first. Many of our articles are written by freelance authors and Focus may not have the rights necessary to grant reprint permission for more than one copy. In those cases, we will refer you to the author and provide contact information so that you may request permission directly.
Focus on the Family Daily Broadcast CDs
You may not make multiple copies of our Daily Broadcast CDs or podcasts to distribute at your church, school, or to friends and family. If you wish to obtain additional copies to pass out, you may contact us at 800-A-FAMILY (800-232-6459).
Back-up or Loaner Copy of a Focus Audio or Video Resource
You may make one archival copy of any Focus on the Family audio or video resource for back-up/loaning purposes only, provided the following conditions are adhered to:
- One and only one copy of each resource is made.
- Your original resource is not to be loaned out.
- The copy will not be edited, abridged, excerpted, or altered in any way.
- Neither the original resource nor the copy is to be made available for resale.
- No fees are charged for any use of the resources.
- The following information is typed or printed on the label affixed to each individual copy:
© ℗ [year], Focus on the Family. All Rights Reserved. Copied with permission from the publisher, Focus on the Family. All other copying from this DVD is prohibited.
(You will need to locate the copyright year from the back of the packaging or the label of each resource.)
Should the original resource ever be damaged or lost, no duplicate from the copy may be made to replace the original.
Public Viewing Licenses
Focus on the Family is pleased to allow churches, schools and other non-commercial entities to show the films listed below at their locations, provided the following guidelines are adhered to:
- The videos must not be edited, abridged, excerpted, altered, duplicated, or distributed for any purpose.
- They must be shown in their entirety, including credits.
- The videos may not be exhibited or used for any commercial or fund-raising purpose.
- No fee may be charged for viewing the videos; however, a donation may be collected to help offset costs of facility rental, child care, etc.
The Focus videos available for viewing are:
- Adventures in Odyssey series
- A Question of Worth
- A Winnable War
- Last Chance Detectives series
- Life Is Sacred
- Ribbits! series
- That the World May Know series
- The Family Project series
- The Truth Project series
- The True Christmas Story
- The True Easter Story
- TrueU series
- Your Child: Essentials of Discipline series
While we are happy to allow this use of Focus on the Family videos, please understand that our Board of Directors has asked that we not permit our materials to be used in any way that might represent or imply that Focus on the Family is endorsing particular individuals or organizations. We appreciate your cooperation with this request as you use these videos.
The following information may be helpful to you when seeking to obtain viewing permission for other videos available through Focus on the Family:
For Drive Thru History:
For McGee and Me:
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
351 Executive Drive
Carol Stream, IL 60188
Phone: (800) 323-9400
Fax: (800) 684-0247
Permissions information: www.tyndale.com/00_Home/permissions.php